Another seven days have come and gone, although these felt infinitely more dangerous than any others. Hats off to Ewan McGregor at least this week!
If nothing else it means new songs from those horrified by the new leader of the free world – so to kick us off we have offerings from Suuns, Meat Wave, Father John Misty and an update on a protest song classic from Billy Bragg. Elsewhere a raw articulation of grief from Mount Eerie, and some sparkling new releases from none others than Real Estate’s Byrds-ian jangle, Promised Land Sound’s space-country, FEWS’ post-punk motorik squall, some sunny indie from Tim Darcy (of Ought), garage-grunge from Meatbodies, a brilliant slab of shoegazey beach-punk from Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and to round it all off a new song from power-pop-punks White Reaper.
Twelve songs – a perfect playlist to kick off the weekend.
- Suuns – Native Tongue
- Billy Bragg – The Times They Are A-Changing Back
- Meat Wave – Dogs At Night
- Father John Misty – Pure Comedy
- Meatbodies – Haunted History
- Real Estate – Darling
- Tim Darcy – Still Waking Up
- Promised Land Sound – By The Rain
- Mount Eerie – Real Death
- Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever – French Press
- FEWS – LaGuardia
- White Reaper – Judy French