Nickel In The Jukebox

Time for ten more tunes for you to check out and decide if they cut the mustard or not? This time, we’ve kept the selection to a (broadly) Americana feel so kick back and immerse yourself in these – some lovely stuff here…

Josiah & The Bonnevilles – Cold Blood  [RIYL: Father John Misty, Ryan Adams]

J Burn – Moonshine  [RIYL: Tom Petty, The Grateful Dead]

Stan Simon & The Hotel Bible – The Desert Line  [RIYL: Timber Timbre, The Sadies]

Chief Ghoul – Let Me In  [RIYL: Black Keys, Johnny Cash]

Handsome and the Humbles – The Ballad of Rose Thompson  [RIYL: Drive-By Truckers, Houndmouth]

The Westies – If I Had A Gun  [RIYL: Townes Van Zandt, Leonard Cohen]

Frances Luke Accord – Something Moving  [RIYL: Iron & Wine, Milk Carton Kids]

Hestina – Big Blue  [RIYL: Nina Simone, Jeff Buckley]

Chaim Tannenbaum – London Longing For Home  [RIYL: Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger]

Erin Tobey – I’m Young  [RIYL: Bill Callahan, Juliana Hatfield]

Comments
  1. Gayle Woodward says:

I really enjoyed Handsome and the Humbles, The Westies, and Josiah and the Bonnevilles. The Westies and Handsome and the Humbles have a similar guitar lick at the beginning of the featured songs. 🙂

2. Josh Smith says:

My god, I loved the J Burn song, “Moonshine.” Also loved Handsome and the Humbles. Great story song.

3. Erin says:

Love the Handsome and the Humbles song! Great lyrics. I love songs that tell stories.

4. Joe Zachary says:

Great songs! Liked Handsome and the Humbles as well as Chief Ghoul and Frances Luke Accord. Thanks for sharing!

5. Find Focus says:

Some good stuff here! Always nice to listen to some new music. I’m a huge fan of Handsome and the Humbles and “The Ballad of Rose Thompson” is probably one of my favorites tunes from their new CD, Have Mercy. Have to say, however, that it’s excellent from beginning to end. Can’t recommend it enough!

6. Vicki Cox says:

I love Handsome and the Humbles song, “The Ballad of Rose Thompson.” I also enjoyed Josiah & The Bonnevilles, “Cold Blood.” Both bands definitely cut the mustard!

7. Jeff says:

Handsome and the Humbles rock!

Tell Us What You Think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s